✨ 20% off Amazon prices with free shipping included in the U.S.! ✨
Please read the Shipping Policy/Note at the top of the page before ordering
Yondu is a vegetable umami sauce made from triple-fermented soybeans and umami-rich vegetables. Add it to broths, soups, stir-fries, pastas or any other dish that needs a deep and complex boost of flavor.
It's a natural replacement for dashi, concentrated stocks/bouillons as well as an excellent vegan fish sauce alternative.
100% natural, organic, vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO with no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- UMAMI SEASONING SAUCE gives a natural boost of savory-depth to any dish in seconds
- FLAVOR SHORTCUT; a few teaspoons instantly enhances stir-fries, soups, roasted vegetables, sauces, dressings, noodles and more
- CAREFULLY BREWED; slow, triple-fermented soy beans and rich vegetable broths combine to create a concentrated yet balanced umami-rich pantry sauce
- VERSATILE & DELICIOUS alternative to fish sauce, soy sauce, bouillon cubes/paste, dashi, oyster sauce, broth, liquid aminos, umami powders, flavor bases
- ALL THE GOOD STUFF; USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, no artificial ingredients with 0 calories, carbs, sugar, fat
Specs & Ingredient List
This is a bundled order of 2 bottles = 56 Fl oz = 7 cups
Each bottle is 28 Fl oz (166 servings at $0.09/serving). 20% off Amazon-listed prices.
Ingredients: organic soybean essence (organic soybean, water, salt), vegetable stock (onion, white radish, leek, cabbage, carrot, shiitake, ginger, garlic), yeast extract
Shipping & Returns
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders to the contiguous 48 states (AK & HI residents; contact us!)
- Orders ship out every Tuesday & Thursday at 10 AM EST.
- Tracking information will be sent to your email when order is shipped. Expect your Yondu to arrive between 1-5 days after shipping.
- Same-day pick-up available in NYC at Yondu Culinary Studio (weekdays only).
- Purchasing for a restaurant or catering business? Let us know in the "special instructions for seller" section.
- All sales are final.
Not familiar with Yondu?
- We suggest ordering an individual bottle via Amazon before purchasing in bulk
Interested in wholesale or reoccurring orders?
- When placing your order, leave restaurant details in the "notes" section to be marked as tax-exempt. Email us to find out about restaurant pricing!
Interested in learning more about Yondu?
Remind me. What is Yondu?
Yondu Vegetable Umami is a new pantry sauce that works as a shortcut for building great flavor.
It's made from slow, triple-fermented soybeans and flavor-rich broth (simmered and concentrated from 8 different vegetables).
Why is Yondu such a high-impact ingredient to have in your pantry? Generations of fermentation knowledge + time + complex umami from vegetables!
How do I use it?
Everyday home cooks and professional chefs alike use our vegetable-umami sauce as an all-purpose flavor hack that doesn't compromise on ingredients. Use as a quick way to build flavor.
- A few spoons of Yondu is a versatile addition to soups, stir-fries, sauces, and marinades for an instant umami boost.
- Use Yondu to replace/enhance fish sauce, oyster sauce, bouillon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid aminos, or other flavor bases.
- Add warm water to turn Yondu into a flavorful and clean-tasting broth, or to enhance the flavor of homemade stocks, broths, or dashi.
With that being said, #howyouyondu is totally personal (everyone has their favorite way to use it).
When your Yondu arrives:
- Taste-test: dilute yondu with some hot water to get an idea of the taste. Try around 1 teaspoon with 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Experiment: Add a few teaspoons to something you cook that's savory, delicious, and familiar. Something you can reliably whip-up, a dish in your repertoire, or perhaps even a classic family recipe!
Always season to taste with Yondu and reduce added salt (or salty-ingredients) to taste. Some people omit salt when using Yondu while others don't. It depends on your salty/umami balance preferences.
The following places are great ways to start experimenting with Yondu.
Tag us in your most delicious creations with #doyouyondu:
- Soups, stews, braises, curries, casseroles
- Stir-fries and sheet-pan roasted vegetables, tofu, proteins (Add yondu towards the end of your stir-fries, or the water content in Yondu may steam your vegetables. Yondu also helps speed up the caramelization process, so browning will happen faster!)
- Sauces: pasta sauce, dressings, marinades
- As a broth replacement or to boost homemade stocks/dashis (1 cup water, 2 tsp Yondu)
Ready for More? We have exciting things in the works!
We have a catalog of minimalist recipes on @yondu.usa or on our website
Most of these minimalist recipes are simple and almost always feature vegetables as the main. Yondu pairs especially well with vegetables to highlight (and not mask) their delicate and nuanced flavors. We develop these recipes to get maximum flavor from minimal ingredients + time.
Give us a follow and bookmark some recipes when the desire for a quick, flavorful veggie-filled meal arises!
(we try to keep it under 6 ingredients and 20 minutes. Send recipe requests to email@example.com)
Yondu is a flavor enhancer. It makes everything taste better. I use it in everything savory that I make. It's the best vegan taste replacement for all of the Asian products that have dried or fermented fish. I began using for to make broth (dashi) but now put it in pretty much every vegan soup or stew that I make.
We use Yondu for all of our flavoring needs. Subtle flavor that makes everything pop!
The Secret Ingredient for Almost Anything
I'm addicted to Yondu and use it for just about anything. My favorites are on broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, in salad dressing with white vinegar and lemon-infused olive oil, all soups and fish. I tried it on watermelon to replace the salt I usually use. There is always a bottle of Yondu on my dining room table because I never know what I'm going to try it on next.
shopyondu.com - Umami Sauce in Bulk
Hi Lacy, Thank you so much for your review! We love how you're finding favorite uses and dishes. Seriously, everything sounds SO delicious. Do you add anything else to the watermelon??
Priceless addition to my assortment of flavorings
I immediately knew that this was perfect for me Ad the way I cook which leans heavily toward not much meat but numerous vegetables and grains In fact I added one tablespoon of yondu and one shredded carrot to one dry cup of jasmine rice with 1 One and one half cup water into my rice cooker… Perfection! …. And due to yondu no salt or other flavorings were necessary so of course I will do the same with ALL other grains I also ordered enough to fill a spray bottle for salads and steamed vegetables
Yondu for Scrambled Eggs
There are many ways to make scrambled eggs, but recently I added a splash of Yondu to the mix before putting the mix in the pan. Of course, the pan had melted butter in it, and the mix had other agents and flavorings. But, my eaters raved about the eggs, and it was the new Yondu addition that caused everyone to rave!