Yondu Vegetable Umami is an award-winning, all-purpose umami seasoning sauce.
If you would like a sample, please:
1. Add the item to your cart
2. Say hi and add questions and feedback in the "Special instructions for seller" section.
- Yondu on Amazon
- Yondu on Milk Street
- Yondu Sell Sheet
- Yondu Foodservice Guide
- Complex Umami Information
We'll be in touch and send you a bottle to get cooking with.
Honestly, the best way to use Yondu is to add a few spoons to whatever you're already cooking--season to your preference.
How do I use it?
Yondu Vegetable Umami is a new pantry sauce that works as a shortcut for building great flavor.
It's made from slow, triple-fermented soybeans and flavor-rich broth (simmered and concentrated from 8 different vegetables).
Why is Yondu such a high-impact ingredient to have in your pantry? Generations of fermentation knowledge + time + complex umami from vegetables!
Everyday home cooks and professional chefs alike use our vegetable-umami sauce as an all-purpose flavor hack that doesn't compromise on ingredients. Use as a quick way to build flavor.
- A few spoons of Yondu is a versatile addition to soups, stir-fries, sauces, and marinades for an instant umami boost.
- Use Yondu to replace/enhance fish sauce, oyster sauce, bouillon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid aminos, or other flavor bases.
- Add warm water to turn Yondu into a flavorful and clean-tasting broth, or to enhance the flavor of homemade stocks, broths, or dashi.
With that being said, #howyouyondu is totally personal (everyone has their favorite way to use it).
When your Yondu arrives:
Taste-test: dilute yondu with some hot water to get an idea of the taste. Try around 1 teaspoon with 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Experiment: Add a few teaspoons to something you cook that's savory, delicious, and familiar. Something you can reliably whip-up, a dish in your repertoire, or perhaps even a classic family recipe!
- Soups, stews, braises, curries, casseroles
- Stir-fries and sheet-pan roasted vegetables, tofu, proteins (Add yondu towards the end of your stir-fries, or the water content in Yondu may steam your vegetables. Yondu also helps speed up the caramelization process, so browning will happen faster!)
- Sauces: pasta sauce, dressings, marinades
- As a broth replacement or to boost homemade stocks/dashis (1 cup water, 2 tsp Yondu)
Ready for More?
We have a catalog of minimalist recipes on @yondu.usa or on our website
Most of these minimalist recipes are simple and almost always feature vegetables as the main. Yondu pairs especially well with vegetables to highlight (and not mask) their delicate and nuanced flavors. We develop these recipes to get maximum flavor from minimal ingredients + time.
Give us a follow and bookmark some recipes when the desire for a quick, flavorful veggie-filled meal arises! Comment on our posts for recipe requests!
A little goes a long way for this tasty sauce. I drizzled portobello mushrooms with lemon juice and a little yondu veggie sauce. Delicious!
Yondu + Impossible Burger Ground Meat
We used the Yondu to season the meat, added taco seasoning and made veggie burritos! Delicious! Can't wait to try it on other applications! We would use this like we would use Maggi or Soy Sauce. Great flavor!
Yondu Vegetable Umami
I recommend Yondu Vegetable Umami because it tastes perfect and is less salty than soy sauce, and it has more flavor than soy sauce. Also, it is organic, and there is no cholesterol. It will be healthy. Very recommendable. Thank you!
A little salty. Saltier than soy sauce.
I really enjoy this product as a chef because I have many clients that want to go more plant based and having something that is pack full of flavor and so versatile is wonderful. Use it in soups, sauces, dressing, vegetable braises, etc.